Day 17, Ponce to Cape Canaveral

We "slept in" to 6:00 a.m. this morning and got a later start than usual, but it was a shorter trip than some of our previous ones. Here's the view behind us coming out of Ponce inlet.

As we pulled into Cape Canaveral, we saw several cruise ships docked there and were grateful that none was coming out or going in because sharing the channel with those guys would be scary.

Once we were docked safely, we watched Michigan football beat #10 Penn State in decisive fashion, despite our head coach being unfairly suspended. And I will stand by that statement no matter what the haters say.
I walked from our boat to the marina office, and I heard a dog bark, and then another dog bark back. They sounded the same. I took a closer look, and one of the boats had this really cute puppy on it who was yapping it up. The other boat had a parrot who had learned this dog's bark. I spoke to the dog's owner who confirmed that they "bark" at each other all the time. I thought it was cute. We've now been here four hours. I no longer think that parrot is cute. I will probably go open up his cage and let him out at some point tonight if he doesn't shut up.
We decided to eat in this evening. Ann prepared and I grilled impossible burgers. They kind of taste like meat. Sort of. While grilling, I took a picture of the view behind us. I like living like this!
It's a large, busy marina.
Grill master selfie.
Gimel seems to like it here, and Ann accidentally photobombed her own picture.
Tomorrow is the last day of good weather, and we'll take advantage and do a longish ride outside to Stuart, FL. We've booked 2 nights there, and then we need to figure out how to get to Miami. Weather looks threatening, so we'll have to play it by ear. Maybe we'll stay put for a few more days and then get to Miami a little late. Or we'll just tough it out and take the risk (just kidding Mom & Dad!).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day3 - Deltaville to Portsmouth/Norfolk

Miami to Marathon

Marathon to Key West - our new home for the next 3.5 months